Atlantic Z Car Club Z Sport Canada
August 27, 2014, 12:55:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Join us on facebook! Andrew started a facebook group for us. Join and help spread the word about our club. Keep in touch with fellow members and it's a great way to organize group rides this summer.

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ahhh... I think someting just broke  (Read 980 times)
JameZ31
Atlantic Z Club Member

« on: May 23, 2009, 10:28:34 PM »

I'm betting I'm not alone when i say I've had a few scary "explosions" happen so hear we go.

So i was going down the highway and a bright green civic hatch pulled up next to me and seemed to haven a hard time keeping his car from jumping back and forth beside me. So being me I pulled the car to 4th and gave her everything she had ( Still within the speed limit not breaking any traffic laws ill add Smile) so i of course sail by at a pretty high rpm when BOOM(imagine atom bomb sound)............

......... and then thuk, thuk, thuk from the engine compartment. I look over and my buddy in the passenger seat of my car, another mechanic is rocking back and forth going OH GOD, OH GOD with a look of sheer terror that according to him was nothing compared to my expression.

The down side of being a mechanic is I had a fair idea of the number of thing that could have just exploded in my engine. So i pull over...... pop the hood like any man would do.....and

The AC belt broke Rolling Eyes
Pretty sure my hart stoped for a few.

So moral to my story.... stupid civics Laughing
Jeffrey Richard
Atlantic Z Club Member
Administrator

74 260z

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 12:46:01 PM »

LOL! That was hilarious! Glad to hear it was only the A/C belt. Woohoo!

swigger
Atlantic Z Club Member

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 02:54:49 PM »

sounds like when i had "Pop" sound ... like something was stuck together, and it freed up ... i had all of this new found power ... and then at low rpms when my exhuast doesn't cover the sound of the drivetrain, my rearend was squeeling like a pig Sad

1988 300zx
rb20det
gt2871r
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: