Atlantic Z Car Club Z Sport Canada
September 19, 2014, 01:47:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Join us on facebook! Andrew started a facebook group for us. Join and help spread the word about our club. Keep in touch with fellow members and it's a great way to organize group rides this summer.

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: notorious bad spots to find  (Read 827 times)
hyzer

« on: December 01, 2010, 11:19:47 PM »

I have been shopping for 70-73 z and would like to know the bads and uglys to look for.   
Andrew
2011 Pres
Administrator

I spent how much and it's still not working?

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 11:00:58 AM »

Honestly talk to Ross about getting one he usually knows where they all are.
However you really need to look at the cars individually. We have some beauties and uglies
of all the club Z cars. Rust is of course the worst thing to deal with. If it's rusty it is junk and not worth 2 cents on the dollar. If it's 40 years old you are going to be replacing all stock wear items and many already replaced ones. So try to find the car in the best possible condition and then budget about the same for repairs, upgrades and performance mods.

Andrew.

FYI Ross's will reply to this soon if he hasn't already spoken to you.

1984 300ZXT AE
hyzer

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 01:17:21 PM »

Other than the body rust,I was more interested in the common bad spots on the z's that I need to investigate that might be patch hidden or things the owner has carefully hidden (ie. body to platform mounts or rad carriage)? Thanks
rossparks
Atlantic Z Club Member

My Annual Atlantic Z Car Club Rally Day Z Hat

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 08:29:20 AM »

good explanation Andrew. Hyzer if you would email me directly your phone number I will give you a quick call today to explain what to look for. Where are you located? Ross. My number if you'd like to call me is 902-869-2000.

PS: Comes down to budget to get started first. If you buy a car via ZSport Canada you will not need to worry about ANY spots when it comes to rust. We have one left going into winter 2011 which is probably one of the nicest 280's we've brought back. A daily driver, driven by an older gentlemen and very well taken car of with not a drop of rot. Are you looking for a 240Z only tho? Let me know via email.

Ross Parks
1992TT(BC)
1992TT(Sask)
1970510(Calif)
1972521(VA)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: