Atlantic Z Car Club Z Sport Canada
November 23, 2014, 02:30:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Join us on facebook! Andrew started a facebook group for us. Join and help spread the word about our club. Keep in touch with fellow members and it's a great way to organize group rides this summer.

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: selling my z31 (updated)  (Read 1000 times)
cory_yoshiyuki

« on: April 30, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »

I am selling my baby. 1986 Nissan 300z.  I really hate to see her go but I need the money for a 4 door. This car has treated me excellently, never left me stranded. Very reliable car. Very fun to drive, especially with the T-Tops off. Catches a lot of attention from all crowds.

Ill start with the bad: (not as bad as it looks. there's more explaining than anything)
There is a bit of rust at the very bottom of the passengers quarter panel. Would be easy to fix, I just decided not to if I'm going to sell it. Low beam headlights are not working but I know why that is and its a free fix. Ive researched into it and the headlight switch just needs to be cleaned. Was on my to do list but haven't got around to it. I"m too busy driving it. Will write down a link to a site that tells you exactly how to do it. Other than that its fine except after i put it up for sale, the 25 year old clutch decided to start to slip. I called up the Nissan dealer and they will put one in for 500$. very cheap for a clutch job.

Now for the good:
V6
rear wheel drive,
2 seater
lots of fun to drive, torquey
has t-tops. they dont leak perfect for summer
power windows
power locks
alarm
5 speed
red exterior and interior
pop up headlights
folding mirrors
heated mirrors
power seat air bags for comfort (car is very comfortable on the road
brakes are great
exhaust is in great shape
interior is in good shape. It is 25 years old so interior is not perfect. there are some interior flaws but the seats are in great shape and the rest is still good. Really not a big deal. I've fixed a few things myself and its really easy.
body is great other than that spot mentioned earlier
these cars have lots of potential as the VG engine was very strong so can get lots of power from them. whatever you want to do
or keep it original. all parts are original including glass. the only thing not original is the paint. its the original color but had been repainted
stored it for winter
has a year left in the MVI
Im sure im missing things but if I remember, ill add them later

New parts:
car has a new oil change
new oil filter
new fuel filter
new sway bar links
new tires on the front
new 4 wheel alignment
new spark plugs (need to be put in)

Other notes:
car has 230,000kms on it. but keep in mind nissans last a long time
runs great. no engine problems
the price had been reduced due to needing a clutch.
car is very cheap on insurance

If you have any other questions or would like to come look at the car, send me an email or give me a call or text. If I can't answer, leave a message with your name and number and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks

email: cory_yoshiyuki@hotmail.com
phone/text: (902) 452-8768

$2500
not interested in any trades

email for pics or look on halifax kijiji

Thanks
Cory
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:58:02 PM by cory_yoshiyuki » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: