Atlantic Z Car Club Z Sport Canada
November 24, 2014, 02:33:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Join us on facebook! Andrew started a facebook group for us. Join and help spread the word about our club. Keep in touch with fellow members and it's a great way to organize group rides this summer.

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter storage  (Read 3201 times)
Bob Henwood
Atlantic Z Club Member

something old,something new, something blue

« on: December 08, 2011, 02:12:27 PM »

Well its that time again, for all good Z's to go top bed for the winter. As I get blue ready for a winters nap, I noticed I can't find any suggestions on what should be done to store the cars for the winter. Or maybe I just can't find it. Anyone have any good ideas , I have heard lots but am not sure which work and which don't . Maybe some of you can enlighten the rest of us.
later bob
Jeffrey Richard
Atlantic Z Club Member
Administrator

74 260z

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 09:49:48 PM »

Some of the old storage do's are probably storage dont's with a newer Z.

Things you could do:
  • Change the oil. Used oil develops acids that can attack the engine or so they say.
  • Pump in some fresh "ethynol free" gas. Poor in the recommended amount of fuel stabalizer then fill the tank. Filling the tank leaves very little surface area of the gas exposed to air and limits evaporation. A full tank also keeps the tank from rusting from the inside.
  • Fully charge the battery.
  • Maybe put the car up on jack-stands. This should help keep the tires healthier and limit spring sag.

Oh and get a car cover to keep the dust off of it and the U.V. away.

Bob Henwood
Atlantic Z Club Member

something old,something new, something blue

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 04:09:48 PM »

Thanks Jeffery
Actually what I did was, put a fresh coat of wax on, put on dolleyes , pushed into corner, disconnected negative post on battery, put some fresheners under hood , covered exshast pipes then put a couple cardboard boxes in the interior and then put cloth cover on it, then stored in heated garage.
bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: