Atlantic Z Car Club Z Sport Canada
April 24, 2014, 02:19:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Join us on facebook! Andrew started a facebook group for us. Join and help spread the word about our club. Keep in touch with fellow members and it's a great way to organize group rides this summer.

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Replacing rear swaybar bushings endlinks bolt (short?)  (Read 1173 times)
cronoz78

« on: June 06, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »

Hi, Im new to this forum.
I am working on a 78' 280z

But Im looking for some help.
I have been under my car for a week now replacing mustache bushings (FUN!) and removing rear bumper shocks.  Well i decided while the car is up I will change the swaybar bushings, man those square shaped ones are ridiculous to get in but got em in with the help of a little bottle jack Wink  Which brings me to the endlinks, is it me or are the bolts 0.25" short on these?  After everything is stacked the thread is not peeking out making it impossible to put the nut on.  Its like you cant compress the Polyurethane enough to make it out. So is there a special method to get these on?  The bolts that came with the bushing kit are 5.75". 

THANKS!
Paul W
Atlantic Z Club Member

84' 300ZX 50th anniversary " 2010 Prez "

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 05:29:36 PM »

Take the load off the wheels so they are not hanging ( compressing the spring). Just a guess that is your problem.

cronoz78

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 08:58:44 AM »

I thought of that a couple days ago when I got frustrated with it and convinced myself that wouldn't give me enough thread.  Well I tried that last night and much to my surprise it compressed the lower (1st) bushing enough to get some thread. So problem fixed.  Only thing is the proper way to tighten the links.  I cant find the torque spec for it.  Right now it have it tightened so that 2-3 threads stick out (not very tight in my opinion) but i will lower the car take it for a spin to re-seat them and tighten more if needed (but still how much?)
Jeffrey Richard
Atlantic Z Club Member
Administrator

74 260z

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 09:56:14 AM »

If you get a chance maybe take a picture of your setup. Did you reuse any old washers?

cronoz78

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 03:17:30 PM »

Problem was solved.  I did jack up the wheel to compress it. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: